Using a practical, case-based format, this superbly illustrated atlas by Dr. Paul Sorajja is a comprehensive collection of more than 130 professional experiences in treating structural heart disease. Organized by pathology, each case presents key clinical points for practitioners at all levels, from beginner to expert. Cases are provided by interventionalists and surgeons with extensive hands-on experience, and edited by experts in the field
- Includes more than 130 cases covering the full range of structural procedures formitral valve disease, aortic valve disease, prosthetic valve disease, congenital heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and tricuspid disease.
- Features more than 500 detailed instructional images for quick visual comprehension of essential aspects of each case.
- Each case includes clinical information, diagnostic images, bulleted learning points, and explanations and rationales for every step of the procedure.
- Covers catheter-based therapy for structural heart disease – an increasingly important and rapidly growing therapy for valvular heart disease.
- Provides operator pitfalls and errors to help optimize success with each procedure.
- Allows practitioners at all levels of experience to explore, gain insight, and learn important keys for success.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
About the Author
Paul Sorajja, MD, Diretor do Centro de Válvula e estrutural doença cardíaca, Minneapolis Instituto do Coração, Hospital Abbott Northwestern, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Emmanouil S. Brilakis, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA, FESC, FSCAI
Dr. Brilakis is Director of the Center for Complex Coronary Interventions at the Minneapolis Heart Institute and adjunct Professor of Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. After graduating from Lycee Leonin de Patissia, Dr. Brilakis received his medical degree from the National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. He trained in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology at the Mayo Clinic. He also completed a Masters in Clinical Research at the Mayo Clinic and a PhD in Clinical Research at the National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece. He served as Director of the VA North Texas Healthcare System Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories from 2004 to 2016.
|Date||June 26, 2018|