[highlight color=”red”]Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, 6e (Roberts, Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine) 6th Edition[/highlight]
Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine continues its long tradition of being the most well-known and trusted procedures manual in emergency medicine. The newly revised 6th edition of this classic medical reference has been thoroughly updated with step-by-step Review, Procedure, and Ultrasound Boxes covering the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques you need to know for effective practice of emergency medicine. You’ll access complete and detailed guidance on exactly when, how, and why to perform all of today’s common and uncommon procedures and get the best results.
- Understand the ins and outs of every procedure you’re likely to consider, such as how, why, when to, and when not to perform them, in addition to other emergency procedures that may be an option.
- Rapidly review the entire contents online, including brand-new videos of common and complex procedures, at Expert Consult.
- See entire procedures at a glance with the addition of new Procedure Boxes, which offer step-by-step visual instruction on over 250 emergency techniques. Ideal for point-of-care reference, these Procedure Boxes also serve as a comprehensive mini atlas and are especially useful for less-encountered procedures or those that require complex equipment.
- Easily apply the latest emergency ultrasound techniques through new Ultrasound Boxes, all of which are expertly written and richly illustrated with photographs of the technique as well as screen captures of the US images.
- Master today’s hottest new procedures including ultrasound for diagnosis of pneumothorax; loop abscess drainage; pediatric fluid resuscitation; and video-assisted intubation.
- Clearly and efficiently visualize all emergency procedures with a complete overhaul of figures, now nearly all in full color; new diagnostic images representing multiple modalities; and online-only procedural videos demonstrating key techniques.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
“The sixth edition does not disappoint. This book truly covers an exhaustive list of emergency procedures with great attention to detail. The graphs and figures accurately demonstrate many of the procedures, making this an invaluable resource for quick review at the bedside.”-Michael Zwank, MD, RDMS, FACEP(Universtiy of Minnesota Medical School) Doody Review: 5 stars
- Series: Roberts, Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine
- Hardcover: 1560 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 6 edition (July 24, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 145570606X
- ISBN-13: 978-1455706068