[highlight color=”red”]Murray & Nadel’s Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 6e[/highlight]
Ideal for fellows and practicing pulmonologists who need an authoritative, comprehensive reference on all aspects of pulmonary medicine, Murray and Nadel’s Textbook of Respiratory Medicine offers the most definitive content on basic science, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of the full spectrum of respiratory diseases. Included with your print purchase is the Expert Consult eBook version, which offers content updates, videos, review questions, and Thoracic Imaging Cases (TICs), all of which are easily navigable on any device for access on rounds or in the clinic. The embedded videos cover thoracoscopy, therapeutic bronchoscopy, volumetric chest CT scans, and more, while brand-new audio files highlight normal and abnormal breath sounds and the separate components of cough.
- Full-color design enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Understand clinical applications and the scientific principles of respiratory medicine.
- Detailed explanations of each disease entity allow you to work through differential diagnoses.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers content updates, videos, review questions, and Thoracic Imaging Cases (TICs), all of which are easily navigable on any device for access on rounds or in the clinic.
- Includes more than 1,000 figures and over 200 videos and audio files.
- Key Points and Key Reading sections highlight the most useful references and resources for each chapter.
- An expanded sleep section now covers four chapters and includes control of breathing, consequences of sleep disruption, as well as obstructive and central apnea.
- New chapters in the Critical Care section cover Noninvasive Ventilation (NIV) and Extracorporeal Support of Gas Exchange (ECMO). New chapters focusing on diagnostic techniques now include Invasive Diagnostic Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions and Positron Emission Tomography, and a new chapter on Therapeutic Bronchoscopy highlights the interventional role of pulmonologists.
- Embedded videos feature thoracoscopy, therapeutic bronchoscopy, volumetric chest CT scans, and more.
- Brand-new audio files highlight normal and abnormal breath sounds and the separate components of cough.
REVIEWS OF THE LAST EDITION: “Without a doubt, this text is a must for serious students of pulmonary medicine, whether in training, academic tenure, or mature clinical practice.” ― JAMA REVIEW OF 4th EDITION: “It goes without saying that this is a thorough, in-depth review of chest medicine and as far as I could see, leaves nothing out. I was pleased to see this is a book for active physicians rather than researchers or scientists. It is aimed squarely at the specialists, but generalists such as GPs or specialists in other but related disciplines would also find this book a good reference source. I also liked the principal that associated non-respiratory problems are covered in detail. Take for example Sarcoidosis, which has always been classified as a chest disease, but is also a multi-system disease. The chapter on Sarcoidosis is an excellent review of the whole topic and not just the pulmonary aspects. In addition, there are excellent chapters on issues that you don’t always find such as air pollution, high altitude and diving medicine. Importantly the book is readable and relevant to physicians and adopts a well-rounded approach to informing the doctor what he or she needs to know. The depth of detail achieved is just right, and this book has an encyclopaedic feel to it. There are plenty of illustrations in the book but in the main, this is primarily a text-based reference source.”
June 2006, Dr. Harry Brown, www.univadis.com
About the Author
Professor Emeritus, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Series: Textbook of Respiratory Medicine (Murray)
- Hardcover: 2064 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 6 edition (April 6, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455733830
- ISBN-13: 978-1455733835