[highlight color=”red”]Ultrasonography of the Prenatal Brain, Third Edition 3rd Edition[/highlight]
Edited and written by recognized experts, this acclaimed reference is a highly clinical text and visual atlas. It facilitates a thorough comprehension of the normal and abnormal fetal central nervous system―and helps you apply one of the most important advances in modern perinatology: the early detection of central nervous system anomalies. Here, you will find the full spectrum of prenatal sonography tools and insights, from using ultrasound and MRI to diagnose the fetal face, eye, and brain, to the neurobehavioral development of the fetal brain.
Featuring a new full-color presentation and an enhanced, reader-friendly design, the third edition of this unmatched guide is completely refreshed to mirror the significant advances made in imaging resolution and three-dimensional Doppler technology. In addition, the book reflects the growing interest in imaging the fetal nervous system as it pertains to the fetal brain.
- New full-color design and additional figures, tables, and graphs
- New chapter on ventriculomegaly examines the most common presenting sonographic sign of brain pathology
- New chapters on the evaluation of the fetal cortex and posterior fossa shed light on diagnostically problematic areas of the fetal brain
- New chapters highlighting intrauterine insults, intrauterine infections, and metabolic disorders demonstrate the progress being made in areas that have become critical to fetal neuroscans
- Greater emphasis on the use of high frequency and deep penetrating ultrasound transducer probes clearly explain how they can yield high-resolution pictures of the fetal brain and spine
- Latest perspectives on dissemination of 3D ultrasound techniques and magnetic resource imaging are interwoven into individual chapters to encourage their adoption in daily clinical practice
- More detailed examination of imaging the fetal brain is based on leading-edge, peer-reviewed research from around the world
- SI units are included throughout
- Numerous new 2D and 3D ultrasound images and updated literature references contribute to the most current overview available of this dynamic specialty
About the Author
Ilan Timor-Tritsch, MD is Professor and Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Ultrasound Department at New York University Medical Center, in New York, New York.
Ana Monteagudo, MD is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York University Medical Center.
Gianluigi Pilu, MD is Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Bologna in Bologna, Italy. He is Attending at St.Orsola Malpighi Hospital.
Gustavo Malinger, MD is in the Department of Obstetrics and Gyencology, Fetal Neurology Clinic, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Tel-Aviv University in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- Hardcover: 512 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 3 edition (September 25, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071613064
- ISBN-13: 978-0071613064