Database Design for Mere Mortals PDF 25th Edition – Kindle Edition
The #1 Easy, Commonsense Guide to Database Design—Now Updated
Foreword by Michelle Poole, Mount Vernon Data Systems LLC
Michael J. Hernandez’s best-selling Database Design for Mere Mortals has earned worldwide respect as the simplest way to learn relational database design. Now, he’s made this hands-on, software-independent tutorial even clearer and easier to use.
Step by step, this new 25th Anniversary Edition shows you how to design modern databases that are soundly structured, reliable, and flexible, even in the latest online applications. Hernandez guides you through everything from planning to defining tables, fields, keys, table relationships, business rules, and views. You’ll learn practical ways to improve data integrity, how to avoid common mistakes, and when to break the rules. Updated review questions and figures help you learn these techniques more easily and effectively.
- Understand database types, models, and design terminology
- Perform interviews to efficiently capture requirements—even if everyone’s working remotely
- Set clear design objectives and transform them into effective designs
- Analyze a current database so you can identify ways to improve it
- Establish table structures and relationships, assign primary keys, set field specifications, and set up views
- Ensure the correct level of data integrity for each database
- Identify and establish business rules
- Preview and prepare for the future of relational databases
Whatever relational database systems you use, Hernandez will help you design databases that are robust and trustworthy. Never designed a database before? Settling for inadequate generic designs? Running existing databases that need improvement?
Database Design for Mere Mortals PDF 2021 Edition
Michael J. Hernandez is a man with many talents and has done quite a bit in his life, and he continues to do many things to keep him busy. You could say he’s a modern-day Renaissance Man.
|Format||PDF – Kindle – Ebook|
|Date||December 2, 2020|