Medical Terminology For Dummies 3rd Edition PDF Kindle Edition
Medical Terminology For Dummies: Overview
Every job in the medical field needs some background in medical terminology. Medical Terminology For Dummies pdf helps with From the check-in desk to the doctor to the pharmaceutical sales rep, and everyone around and in between, healthcare professionals and those in adjacent fields use a common and consistent vocabulary to improve quality, safety, and efficiency.
Medical Terminology For Dummies is a powerful resource for current and prospective healthcare professionals. It provides different ways to memorize the words and their meanings, including ideas for study materials, flashcards, quizzes, mind maps, and games. Plus, you’ll discover how to identify, pronounce, define, and apply words in the proper context.
- Grasp the standardized language of medicine
- Find the easiest way to remember tongue-twisting terms
- Benefit from lots of definitions and examples
- Understand, retain, and put this knowledge to use
If you’re one of the millions of professionals hoping to succeed in this booming field, this book gets you talking the talk so you can walk the walk!
From the Inside Flap
- Identify prefix, root, and suffix origins
- Communicate like a healthcare professional
- Understand word foundations
Learn to speak medicalese like a pro!
The medical profession has a language all its own. If you are or plan to be, in the healthcare field or in any profession doing business with healthcare, you need to speak that language. Well, you’re in luck, because this easy-to-understand guide not only provides the vocabulary, but it also offers handy tricks for memorizing words and their meanings, help pronouncing words, advice for using medical terms in the proper context, and even suggestions for quizzes, mnemonic devices, and games that will help you master the lingo.
- The rules of how medical language work
- Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes
- Common jargon used in hospitals, pharmacies, and labs
- The anatomical terms for all the systems of the body
- Tips and tricks for medical students
About the Author
Beverley Henderson, CMT-R, HRT, has more than 40 years of experience in medical terminology and transcription as both an educator and manager. Jennifer L. Dorsey, Ph.D. has coauthored, revised, and ghostwritten books in the medical, business, and personal growth categories for more than 20 years.
|Format||PDF, Kindle Edition|
|Publisher||For Dummies; 3rd edition|
|Date||November 8, 2019|